Erasmus+ Capacity Building for Higher Education: Capacity building projects in the field of education are international collaboration projects based in multi-party partnerships mainly among higher education institutions from countries in the program and partner countries. The purpose of these projects is to support modernization, internationalization and increase access in higher education, address challenges faced by higher education institutions and systems, increase collaboration with the EU, promote interconnection among people, enhance intercultural awareness and understanding.
Title: Enhancement of HE Research Potential Contributing to Further Growth
of the WB Region, Re@WBC
The main objective of the project was to contribute to the enhancement of research for scientific researchers in universities of the Western Balkans in accordance with national strategies and strategies of the European Union. The methodology to achieve this objective was conducted through procedures and practices for managing research workers in partner universities to enhance standards in compliance with European standards.
The continuous training and informing process for young research workers aimed to encourage professional growth and create new opportunities for them. The compliance with the aforementioned objective was achieved through a group of university legal acts in accordance with the management of potential of research workers and research as well as enhancement of the professional level of research workers through various training.
The work was focused in three groups:
- Improving research policies and practices by adapting them to European standards and strategies for research staff.
- Enhancing career development and creating opportunities for researchers by improving transferrable skills.
- Encouraging regional collaboration to adapt the potentials of researchers and raise awareness on principles of research.
To achieve the aforementioned goals, certain activities were undertaken starting from the preparation or improvement of certain by-legal acts and inherent documents related to various research and training. Training was conducted for administrative staff, research workers and new lecturers. After the training visits in partner universities in Europe, the Consortium prepared an action plan to enhance and expand the role of the potential of researchers. The project has provided the required equipment and software to effectively support researchers. The motto of the project was “an excellent university for excellent university researchers and research workers”.
Main partner: University of Niš
- Center for Promoting Science, Serbia;
- Coverty University, United Kingdom;
- University of Belgrade;
- University of Kragujevac;
- University of Liège
- University of Montenegro;
- University of Novi Sad;
- University of Sarajevo;
- University of East Sarajevo;
- University of Tirana;
- University of Vlora “Ismail Qemali”;
- Polytechinc University of Torino.
Website of the Project: http://rewbc.ni.ac.rs
Title: Knowledge for Resilient society, – K-FORCE
Duration: 15/10/2016-14/10/2019 (delayed 14/04/2020)
The overall objective of the K-FORCE project is to contribute to building a sustainable academic foundation in the field of Disaster Risk Management and Fire Safety Engineering in the Western Balkans countries. The project has an interdisciplinary nature, with its main discipline being engineering. Other disciplines which will be addressed in the curricula of the new programs include: environmental protection, architecture and construction, civil protection, fire science, climatology, hydrology, seismology and economics The knowledge obtained in the field of Disaster Risk Management and Fire Safety Engineering will provide the basis for building a sustainable society, capable of reacting to catastrophic events.
The staff of the K-Force project has conducted various activities during the implementation of the project,
as well as study visits in partner countries.
The following activities have been conducted, namely:
- Opening meeting and conference of the K-FORCE project on December 12-15 2016;
- Meeting of the management K-FORCE group in Tirana, Albania on February 23-24, 2017;
- Study visits and management group meeting of the K-FORCE project in the University of Aalborg (Denmark), on April 25-29, 2017;
- Study visit and management group meeting of the K-FORCE project in the Technical University of Denmark (Denmark) and the University of Lund, on June 26-29, 2017;
- The First International Symposium of the K-Force Project, in Novi Sad (Serbia), on September 14, 2017;
- Meeting of the management group of the project in the University of Novi Sad and the Higher Education Technical School of Professional Studies in Novi Sad (Serbia), on September 15, 2017;
- Study visit and management group meeting of the project in the University of Zilina, on January 29 until February 2, 2018.
- Study visit and management group meeting of the project in the University of Skopje, on July 2 until July 6, 2018.
- Training and teaching mobility in the framework of the K-Force project
Within the project, mobility was provided for the purpose of teaching and training in partner universities.
Those worth mentioning include:
- Teaching mobility in the University of Novi Sad and four 2-week mobilities for training, namely in the University of Lund, Aalborg, Zilina and Skopje during the academic year 2017-2018;
- four other teaching mobilities and two training mobilities during the academic year 2018 – 2019;
- six semester student mobilities during the academic year 2018-2019 in the University of Novi Sad, Serbia;
- eight teaching mobilities from Partner Universities in the University of Tirana, namely in the Universities of Lund, Aalborg, Zilina, Skopje, Novi Sad, Tuzla, Banka Luka and the Higher Education Technical School of Professional Studies in Novi Sad.
Website of the project: http://kforce.uns.ac.rs
Title: ICT Networking for Overcoming Technical and Social Barriers in Instrumental Analytical Chemistry Education / NETCHEM,
Duration: October 2016 – March 2020
The main goal of this project is enhancing the international collaboration of higher education institutions in Serbia and Albania, that will help increase the level of knowledge and technical know-how in using instrumental methods of analysis in the field of environment protection and food control and safety; improving these capacities in enterprises through continuous education in the field of environment and food protection, aiming at a positive impact on the field of health, environment, tourism and economy in Albania with the purpose of assisting their development processes for EU accession.
The project aims to develop the NETCHEM platform which will serve in three directions:
- Designing the SQL system for data gathering in the field of the environment and food safety control
- Remote communication of laboratories and instrumental analyses (WARIAL)
- Opportunities to exploit other sources in the field of education (OER)
Stakeholders in this project include lecturers in higher education institutions, researchers, students and experts in undertaking. The project aims to encourage and assist continuous studying for lecturers and experts in undertaking, remote learning, virtual mobility of students in universities, thus overcoming all technical and social barriers among partner countries and EU countries. The instrumental analysis of environmental samples and food will be conducted in the framework of the project by using the WARIAL network, which will create the basis for data collection of environmental and food indicators, which will impact awareness-raising among the public in these fields.
The main impact of the project is in the field of higher education in the Western Balkans and as a result in Albania as well. Partner institutions in Albania and Serbia will enhance existing curricula, expand the study materials fund, develop and use new methodologies and tools which will be updated continuously. Teaching will be modernized as a result of using new teaching elements based on the use of ICT. To help academic staff and teachers, flexible, efficient and cost-effective ways of delivering the learning process and training in the service of the labor market in the field of environment and food control will be recommended.
The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding in the field of teaching and scientific research based on the NETCHEM Platform developed by the project will ensure the enhancement of connections and continuous collaboration among EU countries and higher education institutions of partner countries.
Main partner: University of Niš, Serbia
Partners of the Project:
- University of Niš
- Universite Pierre et Marie Curie
- University of Greenwich
- Brno University of Technology
- Universiteti i Beogradit
- University of Niš
- University of Kragujevac
- Tirana Agricultural University
- University of Tirana
- Analysis d.o.o.
- Enološka stanica Vršac
- Associated Partner – Thermo Scientific
- Associated partner – Agro Al Factory (Albania)
- Associated partner – ECCAT l.t.d. (Albania)
- Associated partner – Ministry of Environmental Protection of Republic Serbia
- Associated partner – University of Milano, Department of Health, Animal Science and Food Safety & Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences – Production, Landscape, Agroenergy
Website of the Project: netchem.ac.rs
Title: “Integrating modules on legislation and rights in education into teaching and education sciences programs: a contribution to create an education system based on the rights in countries under transition” – EDULAW:
Reference: 573540-EPP-12016 1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Duration: 15.10.2016- 14.10.2019
The main goal of the project is to support partner countries to improve their curricula; as well as to prepare the staff and students of partner countries for the school governance process and a teaching process based on rights and to react to proactive rights in transition societies.
- Improve the preparation of teachers to develop a new labor market and a rights based society;
- Improve the level of competency and cultivated skills from higher education institutions by developing new online modules and new programs for teachers.
The impact of the project will be:
- Improving teaching and education sciences through better and fuller integration of the legal dimension of the law.
- Rewriting the syllabus and legislation in education which are developed in teaching and education Master study programs.
- Including topics on rights in education teaching and Master programs in education.
- Preparing a module package for education on education and putting it in use.
- Preparing online materials for legislation in education and online testing.
- Training of academic staff on using innovative learning and teaching methodologies of legislation in education.
Main partner Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
- Vytautas Magnus University;
- University of Bialystok (Poland);
- European Association for education law &Policy (Belgium);
- University of Tirana
- University of Durrës “Aleksandër Moisiu”
- Francisk Skorina Gomel State University
- Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank;
- Moscow City University (MCU)
- Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL)
- Nothern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov (Narfu);
- National Research university higher school of economics.
- Mari state University
Website of the Project: http://edulaweu.eu/
Title: Graduates Advancement and Development of University capacities in Albania – GRADUA
The project aims to support Albanian universities by creating an interactive data system and a model which matches the demands of the work labor with the job offer for graduates.
Creating concrete synergies between the University and the labor market by providing a unified tool at the disposal of two benefactors for the evaluation of graduates and the performance of the education system and providing innovative recruitment tools. This unified tool is composed of an innovative IT platform, which will follow graduates and their employability to support the drafting of policies and reforms in the higher education reforms.
The platform is different in relation to existing experiences (databases/ brokers): it is an integrated and certified model of the compliance of the demand/supply based on the online DB of Albanian graduates, “easily reproducible” in new universities.
Several categories will benefit from this project, namely:
- Students, through:
- Platform use free of charge;
- Easy access in information on work/internship opportunities;
- Career and employment guidance;
- Academic career certification;
- Opportunities to enhance their university by validating their academic experience.
- Universities, through:
- Access in reliable, updated statistic data on the evaluation of their effectiveness and enhancement of education programs;
- Simple and safe promotion of mobility for qualified human resources;
- Enhancement of capacities of career counselling offices;
- Enhancement of researcher and expert’s capacities for analyzing the local level of education and market labor through advanced methodologies.
- Business firms, through:
- Easy access in a unique database by collecting CVs from 9 universities;
- Availability of a constantly updated CV by graduates;
- CV research opportunities for selection of human resources;
- Opportunities to control and compare the profiles of graduates to employ them;
- Time gained by recruiting graduates from the academic career;
- Opportunities for distribution of job practices / offers;
- Improvement of training programs in compliance with international standards.
- MoES will contribute to the institutionalization of the system after the completion of the project. Access in documented evidence on the performance of universities on all decision-making processes and planning of activities.
Main partner: Tirana Agricultural University
University of Tirana (UT)
University of Arts in Tirana (UART)
Polytechnic University of Tirana (UPT)
University of Medicine, Tirana (UMT)
European University of Tirana (UET), Albania
Polis University (U_POLIS)
University “Our Lady Of Good Counsel” (UniKZKM)
Albanian University (AU)
Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna (UNIBO)
Università degli Studi di Siena (UNISI)
University of Barcelona (UB)
University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL)
Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tirana (CCIT)
Consorzio Interuniversitario AlmaLaurea (AL)
Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MoESY)
Associated partners: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Website of the Project: https://www.graduaproject.com/
Registration on GRADUA platform (Click here)
Guidance on using the Student Space of the GRADUA platform
Guidance on using the Staff Space of the GRADUA platform
Title: Guidance on using the Staff Space of the GRADUA platform
The overall objective of the project is to increase the governance capacities of HEIs in Albania and contribute in the collaboration between the EU and partner countries.
This project aims to gather a group of researchers from four universities with extensive experience in IT governing models (including ITG4U) from three different countries (Spain, Germany and Noway) to develop, adapt and test a new IT governance framework which will be applied in several universities in the region of the Western Balkans. The expected outcomes of this project include a better IT governance model in Albanian HEIs, as well as general modernization of the governance process for HEIs and a collaboration contribute between the regions of the EU, Norway and Western Balkans.
This project aims to address three obstacles by providing several experts from HEIs with previous experience in the field, ensuring the planning and delivery of an ITG framework. The framework will increase management capacities, governance and asset innovation and IT structures in partner countries to address challenges faced by their higher education institutions and systems, including quality, importance, equality of approach, planning, offering, management and governance. Further on, it will address the following objectives:
- Improving higher education quality and increasing its importance for the labor market and society.
- Training on management, governance and innovation, as well as the internationalization of HEIs.
Main partner: University de les Illes Balears (UIB) Spain;
- University de Almería (UAL) Spain
- SRH Hochschule Berlin (SRH) Germany
- Østfold University College (Hiof) Norway
- Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
- University of Durrës “Aleksandër Moisiu”, Albania
- European University of Tirana (UET), Albania
- University of Tirana (UT), Albania
Website of the project: itg4au.eu
Title: Preparing and Empowering Young People Leaving Care Institutions- Now What
The main goal of the “Now What?” project is supporting young people coming out of care institutions to develop the best of their potential.
The project will provide support for youth aged 16-19 years old who are under care or have left care institutions recently. The project focuses on increasing capacities for youth in various fields such as sheltering, training, financial support, legal support, employment and social inclusion. It is expected that by the end of the project the youth participating in the activities of the project will be more autonomous and will develop life skills towards an independent life.
- The project is based on the idea that by investing on enough sources and training youth on crucial life skills, so that they can leave care institutions is one of the most important components for success and independence after care.
- The development and undertaking of an inclusive strategy to provide better opportunities for children in care institutions which guarantee improvement in their educational, social and economic results. Preparations to leave care will provide youth with opportunities for planning, problem solving and learning new competencies.
- Developing personal skills such as budgeting, time management, health, food, hygiene and conflict solving
Main components of the project:
Output 1: Needs analysis of youth leaving care. The purpose of the analysis is to assess the needs of youth leaving care, the difficulties and challenges which they face during the transition period and the availability of services and providers in supporting and fulfilling needs.
Output 2: Developing curricula and training materials. The purpose is creating a training curricula on Life Skills which will assist youth leave care institutions and create a relationship and develop skills which strengthen their capacities for better functioning in community.
Output 3: The mentoring component. The purpose is drafting and structuring mentoring components. The mentoring component will enable young people leaving care institutions to support a young individual with whom they will have the opportunity to develop an individual plan that will cover the elements of accommodation, education, financial and personal needs.
Output 4: Life skills workshops aim to train youth in skills to prepare them for an independent life after leaving care institutions.
Output 5: After care plans. These plans will assist youth to leave institutions and develop a stronger sense of self and identity. Plans help assist youth to increase confidence and skill to lead an independent life and plan better for the responsibilities that they need to undertake as adults now.
Output 6: The standard European package. The conclusions and results of the projects will be gathered in a document to be applied in other cultural settings and national contexts. This activity aims to provide a product that includes the methodology and process of removing young people from care institutions so that this practice can then be applied in other parts of Europe.
Main partner: Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara, Rumani
- University of Tirana;
- Asociatia SOS SATELE Copiilior Romania;
- Directia Generala de Asistenta Sociala si Protecta Copilului, Timis;
- Cofac Cooperativa de Formacao e Animacao Cultural CRL, Portugal;
- Associacao de Amigos da Crianca e da Familia Chao das Meninos, Portugal;
- Athens Lifelong Learning Institute Greece;
- To Hamogelo Tou Paidiou, Greece;
- SOS Children Villages, Albania
Title: Towards increased awareness, responsibility and shared quality in social Work, – T@SK
The goal of the project is to strengthen, stabilize and modernize the provision of social services in Albania, by strengthening the higher education system and its relations with the working environment, namely that of social workers.
Strengthening the social service provision model focusing especially in future inclusion of excluded groups or groups without access in social services. The goals will be met through:
- Social services need analysis: the identification of issues affecting social services provided by institutions in Tirana, Shkodra and Tirana.
- Updating the theory and knowledge of the academic staff and professionals of the social unit on children and women.
- Updating empirical research methodologies and updating the knowledge of academic staff in qualitative and quantitative research to improve the quality or research in social services to promote the modernization of teaching methods.
- Developing capacities for the academic staff on the existing database and quality information which can be provided by the archives of social workers, the digitalization of archives.
- Updating learning tools and developing teaching through ICT through targeting (lecturers, administrative staff and social workers);
- Structuring traineeship by developing an ad hoc administrative structure, a functioning connection with host institutions, inclusion of partners, institutionalization of the academic figure and professional supervision, assessment of the traineeships;
- Structuring work procedures, protocols, instructions, manuals for the order of the professional under the supervision of the respective partner.
Main partner: Università degli Studi di Firenze
- Universidad Complutense Madrid
- Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
- ISCTE- IUL
- University of Tirana (UT)
- University of Elbasanit “Aleksandër Xhuvani”
- University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi”
- Ordine degli Assistenti Sociali Toscana
Website of the project: www.taskproject.eu
Title: Sustainable development of BLUE economies through higher education and innovation in Western Balkan Countries-BLUEWBC
Duration: 15.01.2020 – 14.01.2023
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
The BLUEWBC project has gathered the capacities of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in the countries of the program and partner countries to improve blue economies in Montenegro and Albania through better education in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The project aims to achieve sustainable blue economies in partner countries by improving their Bachelor and Master studies on innovation and entrepreneurship.
Project objectives and outcomes:
- The establishment of an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center focusing on developing tourism in the Faculty of Economics. The purpose of this center is to provide students, especially those specializing in tourism the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge they have obtained, to get acquainted with business needs from up close. At the same time, this center will also serve research purposes for academic staff;
- Update of current curricula related to blue economy and tourism by taking into consideration the methodology and experience of institutions of more developed countries in this program;
- Enhancement of FE-UT staff capacities and skills (academic and administrative) in relation to the field of innovation and entrepreneurship in blue economies;
- FE-UT staff and students training by partners of the countries in the program.
- Design of pilot courses for FE-UT master students as well as professionals in the field.
Project activities will provide a strategic and flexible opinion on educational systems in Montenegrin and Albanian HEIs to adapt to new challenges and needs.
- The establishment of three Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centers in UT, the University of Vlora and Montenegro. The purpose of this center is to provide students, especially those specializing in tourism the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge they have obtained and to get acquainted with business needs from up close. At the same time, this center will serve for research purposes and for the academic staff of the Faculty of Economics in terms of applied research;
- Update of current curricula to involve concepts related to innovation and entrepreneurship focusing on tourism and blue economy, by using the methodology and experience of local institutions in more developed countries in this program, as well as by involving business organizations in the curricula development process;
- Enhancement of FE-UT staff capacities and skills (academic and administrative) in relation to the program field
- Developing and enhancing competencies, skills and capacities of Higher Education institutions in partner countries focusing on Blue Economies;
- Creating new jobs and training the existing stuff on new knowledge directly related with market needs;
- Developing new businesses or increase of sustainability of existing businesses thanks to piloting business ideas in Innovation and Entrepreneurship;
- Raising awareness on the company regarding issues related to Blue Economics;
Project Development Objectives Indicators
- 3 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centers drafted in 3 HEIs of the project’s implementation countries
- Review of at least 20 curricula at the Bachelor level in HEIs in the project’s implementation countries.
- Review of at least 9 curricula at the Master level and drafting at least 4 new curricula in HEIs in the project’s implementation countries.
- Participation of at least 2 business organizations in drafting curricula.
- Training and providing certification for at least 12 persons from the academic staff in three HEIs.
- Raising awareness for at least 10 business organizations from each country regarding aspects related to Blue Economies.
- SVEUCILISTE U SPLITU (HR)
- VILNIAUS GEDIMINO TECHNIKOS UNIVERSITETAS (LT)
- Pro NTNU Ocean Training AS (NO)
- DRUSTVO SA OGRANICENOM ODGOVORNOSCU INOVACIONO PREDUZETNICKI CENTAR TEHNOPOLIS – NIKSIC (ME)
- University of Tirana (UT)
- General Maritime Directorate (AL)
- JAVNA USTANOVA UNIVERZITET CRNE GORE PODGORICA (ME)
- PRIVREDNA KOMORA CRNE GORE PODGORICA (ME)
- University of Vlora (AL)
Title: Business driven problem-based learning for academic excellence in geoinformatics- GEOBIZ
Duration: 15.11.2019 – 14.11.2022
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
The main goal of the GEOBIZ project is to strengthen the capacity of academic institutions to better respond to the needs of the emerging geoinformatics industry in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Moldova and Montenegro, with emphasis on the following aspects:
- Determining new and innovative collaboration forms of business and academics to support to collaboration in learning processes in geoinformatics.
- Designing a business-academic platform which supports perfection in geoinformatics.
- Developing innovative programs and methodologies for teacher training and practice for teaching/learning and content in courses based on technology and geoinformatics supported by the business-lead needs and experience.
- Application of the highest art techniques in the teaching process of geoinformatics.
- University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- University of Split, Croatia (Sveučilište u Splitu)
- Applied Sciences University, Germany
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Gilab Ltd, Belgrade
- Polytechnic University of Tirana, (AL)
- University of Tirana (UT)
- LAND& CO LTD, TIRANA, (AL)
- University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- University of Prishtina, Kosovo
- University for Business and Technology, Kosovo
- Technical University of Moldova
- Tiraspol State University, Moldova
- University of Montenegro, Montenegro
- The Federal Administration for Geodetic and Real Property Affairs of FBiH, Sarajovo
- Real Estate Administration in Montenegro (REA)
- Agency for Land Relations and Cadastre of the Republic of Moldova (ALRC), Chisinau
- State Authority for Information Geospatial (ASIG), Tirana
- Kosovo Cadastre Agency (KCA), Prishtina
Title: MSc course in STEAM education- STEAMedu
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
This project aims to contribute to promote innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to teaching (STEAM) in education by designing, developing and evaluating Master of Science courses in STEAM Education.
The goal of the project is to design a Master of Science in STEAM (technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) with the purpose of contributing to promoting innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to teaching STE(A)M in education by designing, developing and evaluating a Master of Science course in STEAM Education.
This course focuses on students, teachers and professionals that need knowledge and skills to encourage change in education in response to an increasingly more technological world. The STEAM course will provide national and international practice-based understating of ways through which the most critical formal and informal debates on STEAM education can generate responses to social and environmental issues.
The expected outcomes of the project:
- Opening a new MSc master in STEAM education in collaboration with UT Faculties and beyond of it.
- Strengthening of the collaboration between the Faculties of the University of Tirana;
- Internationalizing UT by providing more degrees (at the Master level) in English.
Partners of the project include:
- University of Mostar – COORDINATOR,
- UNIVERSITY OF VLORA,
- UNIVERSITY OF SHKODRA,
- UNIVERSITY OF KORÇA,
- SKYBRIDGE PARTNERS OUTSOURCING SERVICES IKE, GREECE,
- UNIVERSITY OF PRISHTINA HASAN PRISHTINA,
- PUBLIC UNIVERSITY KADRI ZEKA,
- INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY, UBT KOSOVO,
- UNIVERSUM COLLEGE, KOSOVO,
- HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY,
- UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS,
- METROPOLITAN COLLEGE GREECE,
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD, CYPRUS,
- MINISTRY OF EDUCACION SCIENCE AND SPORTS, BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA,
- UNIVERZITET U SARAJEVU,
- UNIVERZITET U BIHACU,
- UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA,
- EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA.
Title: INTERnationalization at Home: Embedding Approaches and Structures to Foster Internationalization at Western Balkans, – INTERBA
Duration: 10.02.2020 (delayed 14.11.2022)
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
The goal of the project is to strengthen international, intercultural and global dimension by implementing internationalization as to increase the quality of education and significantly enhance quality of education and prove itself useful in society.
Objectives of the project include:
- drafting a coherent and detailed concept of IaH that can be included in the Guidance of partner HEIs, considering their specific needs to:
- extending the sustainability of IaH activities implemented in partner HEIs
- training a group of skilled experts to develop and integrate IaH in the setting of HEIs.
- launching an online platform as a tool to implement IaH
- creating/modernizing the existing structure/entities for IaH in HEIs
During the first year the project tries to analyze all previous international projects implemented in each country in the field of internationalization. Not only will this generate a summery of the mechanisms used to encourage internationalization, but it will also provide an analysis of the gaps that open the door to further and systematic improvement. This will allow the establishment of a coherent and unified IaH concept in all countries, which will facilitate the understanding and implementation of the concept in the practical aspect. An online platform will be launched for all partners to support the e-learning process and monitor, train and translate documents. The expected final results of the INTERBA project include:
- Increasing research capacities and quality of research results in universities in PC;
- Starting a continuous collaboration process in research and innovation through universities and local entrepreneurship.
Coordinator: University of Tirana
Partners: Middlesex University (UK)
- Hamburg University of Technology (GERMANY)
- University of Cagliari (ITALY)
- European Center of Studies and Initiative (ITALY)
- European University of Tirana (UET) (ALBANIA)
- University of Pristina (UP) (KOSOVO)
- University of Tuzla (BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA)
- Dzemal Bijedic University of Mostar (UNMO) (BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA)
- Universum College (UC) (KOSOVO)
Title: Strengthening university autonomy and increasing accountability and transparency of Western Balkan Universities, STAND
Duration: 15.01.2021- 14.01.2024
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
The overall objective of the project is to create and support processes, mechanisms to provide effective management, strengthen autonomy and increase accountability and transparency in the Universities of Western Balkans.
The specific objectives include:
- Strengthening modernization of governance in Western Balkans Universities through capacity building, exchange of experiences and updated infrastructure;
- Designing and approving the charter of university autonomy for Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro;
- Enhancing the autonomy of universities by strengthening regulations and structures at the national and university level;
- Extending effective collaboration among HEIs and respective ministries to enhance transparency, accountability and financial stability;
- Establishing a network of expert for university autonomy.
The project is in accordance with the national and regional priorities for joint structural projects on governance, strategic planning and higher education management under category II – improving management and functioning of higher education institutions and support public and private higher education institutions in Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro to achieve the determined priorities.
The novelty is that STAND is the first project in the region that will publish the charter and set up a discussion forum with key stakeholders in partner countries to guarantee sustainable models of university governance
Partners of the project include:
- International Bussiness College of Mitrovica (Lead Partner),
- University of Prishtina,
- University of Gjilan,
- Applied Sciences University, Ferizaj
- Polis University;
- University of Montenegro,
- Ministry of Education – Kosovo
- Accreditation Agency Kosovo,
- Ministry of Science and Research, Montenegro.
Title: Mainstreaming Environmental Communication through online learning and virtual mobility- Comm-On Environment
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
Reference: 2021-1-MK01-KA220- HED-000027547
The project will introduce an innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education through a 6-month program on the internet without a degree in Environmental Communication.
- Developing environmental communication professionals, who will promote awareness-raising solution for the environment and climate for individuals and social groups;
- Designing a new flexible and inter-disciplinary model in a virtual environment that enables life-long learning and validity of micro-credentials in environmental and communication education in the region.
The project will conduct the following activities:
- training of trainers and curricula development for environmental communication,
- creating ten educational online tutorials and educational games,
- developing a teaching management system and a phone app for collaborative teaching on the internet for students from five countries,
- online courses and a hackathon for finding solutions to environmental problems,
- mapping a Guide to Excellence in Environmental Communication and multiple events.
Students will receive a certificate and ECTS credits.
Results of the Project:
- Strengthening the skills of 100 students and 20 professors in environmental communication and engaging the community in environmental-friendly policies for differences among people;
- 15 student campaign plans for finding solutions for environmental issues in the region developed by the end of the program;
- A Guide to Excellence in Environmental Communication published in six languages and promoted in five countries of the project, and more widely among European and international partner HEIs;
- The civic and social responsibility of students and lecturers reinforces and reflected as a change in their attitudes and/or behavior and as encouragement for others to do that.
The project will introduce innovations in syllabuses in partner HEIs through environmental communication as a new discipline and using education technology on environmental sustainability; it will increase the understanding of environmental communication and its importance in various sectors and aspects of society; it will open a new research field and work opportunities for lecturers and students in the region taking into consideration the need for environmental communication in society. In the long-term aspect the program has the potential of developing into a Regional Center for Environmental Communication which will serves as a training and research center for organizing conferences and other events.