Project’s title: Harmonization and Standardization and normalization of the terminology within the EU Integration context- HSTEUI
Reference: 101047807 — HSTEUI — ERASMUS-JMO-2021-HEI-TCH-RSCH
Duration: 36 months (2022-2025)
Program: Erasmus+, Action- “Jean Monnet Module”
The Jean Monnet Module ‘Harmonization and Standardization and normalization of the terminology within the EU Integration context’ (HSTEUI) is an especially important curriculum for the Albanian perspective of the start of accession negotiations after the member states’ decision in March 2020. The module aims to balance the acquisition of terminological knowledge within the framework of European integration. To fully implement the ambitious purpose of providing a well-oriented practice and interdisciplinary program, the courses include perspectives from other disciplines (EU studies, foreign languages, law and economics) related to EU integration.
The module is crated to enable:
- Performing research and drafting a curriculum that ameliorates the EU studies curriculum;
- -Assistance in the harmonization and standardization of the terminology in the EU integration process;
- Promoting new interdisciplinary cooperation in the University of Tirana.
The Module’s activities include:
- Curricular activities from four UT faculties constituting the main element of the project, including the creation of a new course covering EU studies issues and the harmonization and standardization of the terminology in the EU context.
- Research activities are structured around one work package focusing in:
A summer school focused in a specific field and technical terminology, divided by policy fields (acquis chapters), inviting students to present and discuss challenges and ideas regarding the considerable quantity of the acquis’ translation work ahead; submission by experts and practitioners from EU institutions and Albania, aiming to bring multidisciplinary perspectives and practical implications, international conferences combining state, educational, practical and promotional roles simultaneously.