Title: Mainstreaming Environmental Communication through online learning and virtual mobility- Comm-On Environment
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
Duration : 01 Dec 2021-31 Mar 2024
Reference: 2021-1-MK01-KA220- HED-000027547
The project will present an innovative and interdisciplinary approach in education through a 6-month online program in Environmental Communication with no degree.
- Train environmental communication professionals who may promote to individuals and social groups climate and environmentally aware solutions.
- Create a new flexible and interdisciplinary model in a virtual environment that enables life-long learning and validity of microcredentials in environmental and communication education in the region.
The project will conduct the activities as follows:
- train trainers and develop the curriculum for environmental communication,
- create ten online educational tutorials and learning games,
- develop a learning management system and mobile application for online collaborative learning for students from five countries,
- online courses and a hackathon for the solution of environmental problems,
- draft a Guide on Perfection of Environmental Communication and multiple events.
Students will be able to receive a certificate and ECTS credits.
- Upskilling 100 students and 20 professors in environmental communication and engaging the community for environmentally friendly policies and change between the people;
- 15 student campaign plans for the solution of environmental problems in the region conducted until the end of the program;
- A guide for excellence in environmental communication published in six languages and promoted in the five project countries, and more widely through European and international networks of partner HEIs;
- Heightened civil and social responsibility of students and professors, reflected as changes of their attitudes and/or behaviors, or encouragement of others to do so.
The project will introduce innovation in the partner HEIs’ educational programming through environmental communication as a new discipline and the use of technology for education on environmental sustainability; will increase understanding of environmental communication and its importance in different sectors and aspects of society; open a new research field and employment opportunity for academics and students in the region considering the need of environmental communication in society. In the long term, the program has the potential to be developed into a Regional Center on Environmental Communication that will serve as a center for trainings and research, the organization of other conferences and events.