Title: Strengthening university autonomy and increasing accountability and transparency of Western Balkan Universities, STAND
Duration: 15 Jan 2021- 14 Jan 2024
Program: ERASMUS+ KA2
The project’s general objective is to create and support processes, mechanisms to ensure effective management, strengthened autonomy and increase of responsiveness and transparency or Western Balkan Universities.
- Strengthened modernization of governance in Western Balkan Universities through building capacities, exchanging experiences and upgraded infrastructure;
- Creating and adopting the university autonomy charter for Kosovo, Albania, and Montenegro;
- Improving university autonomy through empowering national and university regulations and structures;
- Expanding effective cooperation between HEIs and relevant ministries in improving transparency, accountability and financial sustainability;
- Creating the Experts’ network for university autonomy.
The project is in accordance with national and regional priorities on joint structural projects on governance, strategic planning and higher education amangement, under category II – improvement of management and functioning of higher education institutions, and will support public and private higher education institutions in Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro to achieve the priorities determined.
It is innovative that STAND will be the first regional project to publish the charter and create a discussion forum with main stakeholders in partner countries in providing sustainable university governance models.
The project’s partners are:
- International Business College of Mitrovica (Lead Partner),
- University of Pristina,
- University of Gjilan,
- University of Applied Sciences, Ferizaj,
- Polis University,
- University of Montenegro,
- Ministry of Education and Youth,
- Ministry of Education- Kosovo,
- Agency of Accreditation, Kosovo,
- Ministry of Science and Research, Montenegro.