The University of Tirana is one of the first universities in Albania that has implemented the internationalization process within its academic system. Internationalization implies the approach towards strategic aims through partnerships and collaborations and constitutes a predominant trend as a preemptive reaction to opportunities, challenges and risks that accompany globalization.
The research areas jointly target the development of education, culture, science and economy for the purpose of freedom and diversity of ideas, building and consolidating a democratic society and rule of law, increasing prosperity and human dignity, enabled through legal and transparent activities. Bilateral and multilateral scientific research activities enable the exchange of experiences and establishment of contacts for the joint realization of different research aspects between Albanian and international students.
The University of Tirana continues to review and promote the conclusion of bilateral and multilateral memoranda and agreements of understanding and cooperation in the scientific research and innovation area with prestigious universities for the purpose of expanding the portfolio of high-quality cooperation programs with strategic partners.
The main achievements of projects realized by the University of Tirana in the dimension of international cooperation are mainly met in improving curricula, increasing cooperation opportunities for scientific knowledge and achievements among the universities, increasing opportunities of academic staff qualification, improving infrastructure through the acquisition of specific equipment used in developing science, expanding cooperation networks through cultural exchanges and experiences between the participants, improvement of research techniques in accordance with the best EU standards and their comparison to participant countries in different projects.
Other achievements have contributed to encouraging researchers to cooperate beyond borders and specific sectors and developing and implementing innovative scientific procedures leading to a high educational quality and research work, institutional governance, functional management and modernization and social innovation.
Projects in application
- Business driven problem-based learning for academic excellence in geoinformatics / GEOBIZ
- Sustainable development of BLUE economies through higher education and innovation in Western Balkan Countries -BLUEWBC
- MSc course in STEAM education- STEAMedu
- INTERnationalization at Home: Embedding Approaches and Structures to Foster Internationalization at Western Balkans, – INTERBA
- Strengthening university autonomy and increasing accountability and transparency of Western Balkan Universities, STAND
- Mainstreaming Environmental Communication through online learning and virtual mobility- Comm-On Environment
- Faces from the past: The fight for freedom and democracy during the regime of Hoxha- FACEUP
- SEctor Adaptive VIrtual Early Warning System for marine pollution- SEAVIEWS
- Skadar Lake without chemical pollution- SOLUTION
- Leading Towards Sustainable Gender Equality Plans in research institutions LeTSGEPs
- Twinning to boost the scientific and innovation capacity of the Universiteti i Tiranes to develop sustainable nanosensors for water pollution detection- SUSNANO
- Environmental assessment of the Vjosa riverscape as the basis for an integrated water management and sustainable catchment development– VjoSusDev
- Promoting CCA and DRM in the framework of EU Integration
- EU Integration Process and the Promotion of Human Rights in Albania
- Europeanization of Public Policies in Albania-EPPAL
- Harmonization and Standardization and normalization of the terminology within the EU Integration context- HSTEUI
- Science-to-Field: Optimal production of medicinal and aromaticplants (MAPs) in Albania- ALBMAP
- Building capacities for inclusiveness and ownership in the EU accession process of Albania (OwnEU)
- Use of intelligent devices in coherent air quality information
- Illustrated curricular dictionary (for ages 5 to 11)
- Digital Competences of Public HEIs in Albania. (DIGJIKOMP-AL)
- University-Enterprise Interaction as a strategic tools for mutual knowledge transfer
- Political Behavior and Personality
- Aspects of management of Probation Service specialists in Albania: in the perspective of Tokyo Rules
- Legal Albanian
- Analyses of Priority Substances in the Main Ports’ Waters in Albania
- The pedagogy of automatic language processing (PeTAG)
- New technologies in teaching literature
- The integration of Western Balkan countries in the perspective of competitiveness and economic efficiency
- Long-term emigration and its contribution to the country’s economic and social progress
- University – Business Cooperation towards new market needs: Qualification, Innovation, Financing, Technology (SME – QIFT)
- Historical Demography in Kosovo
- Improving research potential in Higher Education as assistance for further development of the Western Balkans region, – Re @ WBC
- Knowledge for Resilient society, – K-FORCE